The Connecticut Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (CICATS) at UConn Seminar Series:
Drug Discovery and Inflammation Symposium The Drug Discovery and Inflammation Symposium in conjunction with the New England Structure Symposium (NESS) on Structural Biology of Inflammation will bring together scientists and clinicians from academia and industry to provide an overview of current progress in the identification of novel strategies for treatment and prevention of chronic inflammatory disorders.
- Lauren Sansing, M.D., Yale University, “Targeting macrophage responses to improve recovery after intracerebral hemorrhage”
- Alan I. Faden, M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, “Chronic Inflammation in Posttraumatic Neurodegeneration and Neuroplasticity: Therapeutic Targets”
- Laura Silvian, Ph.D., Biogen Idec Inc., “Disrupting nrf2/keap1 protein interaction with non-covalent inhibitors”
- Yow-Pin Lim, M.D., Brown Medical School and Prothera Biologics, Inc., “Development of Inter-alpha Inhibitor as a Novel Immunomodulator in Acute Life-Threatening Diseases”
- Jaques Banchereau, Ph.D., Jackson Laboratory and UConn Health, “The power of genomics to understand inflammatory diseases and identify therapeutic targets”
- Massimo Gadina Ph.D., NIH/NIAMS, “Novel therapies for autoimmune, inflammatory and malignant diseases: the coming of age of JAK inhibitors”
Host: New Pathways to Drug Discovery CICATS Core Interest Group
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014
Time: 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: Grossman Auditorium, 400 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT
To R.S.V.P. , please email Dr. Sandra Weller at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 10. Lunch will be provide and there is no cost to attend the symposium.