To be discussed:
- Degree programs (MD, PhD, MD/PhD)
- Timeline of application process – coursework completion, standardized tests, submitting applications, interview season
- Academic preparation – required and recommended coursework, studying for standardized tests, research
- National and UConn-specific statistics (GPA, MCAT, DAT, GRE, applicants vs. matriculations, etc.)
- Successful applications from the admissions committee perspective
- Cost of attendance, financial aid, AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP)
- Online resources available to students and minority students for the professional school application process
Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Classroom B16, UConn Medical School
Target Audience: Individuals interested in pursuing careers as scientists and scholars in biological and biomedical sciences
Space is limited.