To be discussed:
- Differences between resume and curriculum vitae (CV)
- General format and style, sections, and things to include on a CV
- The purpose of personal statements for professional programs
- Identifying and communicating skills and personal qualities on CV and personal statement
- The importance of proof-reading for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and intended meaning
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Location: Classroom B16, UConn Medical School
Target Audience: Individuals interested in pursuing careers as scientists and scholars in biological and biomedical sciences
Space is limited.
Area of Expertise: Dr. Vella’s laboratory focuses on several aspects of T cell and inflammation biology. He aims is to uncover how T cells function so that we can guide and control behavior of these important immune cells. Dr. Vella believes that the outcome of this work will foster vaccine development, but also devise new ways to control unwanted immune responses. His approach is to understand how adjuvants and costimulatory pathways influence the function of T cells, and define how cytokine networks impact immune cell behavior.
If you registered for a seminar that you are unable to attend, please email us at least 48 hours before the scheduled date.
Summer 2017 Seminar Series sponsored by The Connecticut Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (CICATS) at the University of Connecticut