Thursday, October 5th, 2017
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
We invite you to please Save the Date for the 2017 Lawrence G. Raisz, MD Lecture featuring Dr. Hannah Valantine, Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity for the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Official time and location will be announced shortly.
- New Course in the Master’s program in Clinical and Translational ResearchCICATS’s Master of Science Program in Clinical and Translational Research is offering a new course in Fall 2017, entitled “CLTR 5360: Critical Issues Involving Science Publication: The Scientific Review (3 credits, class # 17063).” The course will be taught by Cato Laurencin, MD, PhD; Helen Wu, PhD; Kevin Lo, PhD; and Jorge Escobar Ivirico, PhD. The course […]
- CICATS announces new cohort of the M1 Mentorship Award ProgramThe Connecticut Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (CICATS) at UConn, a cross-university translational institute, has announced its next cohort of the M1 Mentorship Award Program. The aim of the M1 Mentorship Award is to develop a cadre of accomplished investigators who will participate in cultivating an academic environment that elevates mentorship to a discipline with consistently […]
- Regenerative Engineering Science Cafe featured notable panelThe first Regenerative Engineering Science Cafe took place on Thursday, July 6 at local restaurant “Butchers and Bakers” in Farmington to a large crowd. The Cafe panel, facilitated by Paulos Mengsteab, included six exciting leaders in the field who discussed their work and vision in an interactive fashion: Dr. Lakshmi Nair, Dr. Yusef Khan, Dr. […]
- CICATS Science Café on Mentorship kicks off monthly seriesOn June 30, CICATS launched its 2017 Science Café Series: A Kavli BRAIN Event with its first program featuring a focus on mentorship. Over 35 people, including students, faculty, researchers, and staff attended the event which was held in the Academic Lobby of UConn Health. A panel of two faculty mentors: Dr. Nicholas Leadbeater and […]
- CICATS’ Science Cafes highlighted in the Hartford Business JournalIn the May 8 edition of the Hartford Business Journal, staff writer John Stearns highlighted the CICATS Science Cafe concept and how it played a role in funding the research of Dr. Pramod Srivastava. Science Cafes, which are hosted by CICATS’ Core Interest Groups, are informal events designed to engage the public with interactive discussions in the […]